Anyone happy with iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.16ghz intel core duo , 30gb ipod, 16 gb 3g iphone,PowerBook G4 1.67ghz 1Gb ram
I just bought my iphone on saturday. I am having a very love hate relationship with it right now. Tried to setup mobileme not just using mail but contacts bookmarks etc etc. It crashed leaving me to restore my iphone wich i had just manually loaded with about 10gb of music. Ok that got up and running tried to download music from iphone saturday night, worked GREAT was amazed at how fast a album downloaded. So the weekend went on everything seemed to be in order. Wich brings me to tuesday morning at work a perfect time to be a geek and show off my iphone to my coworkers! Well not only did i look like an *** but so did my iphone and apple. I couldnt send or recieve email or go on the net, basically everything involved with 3g or wifi. So after being on the verge of returning it, i gave a call in to ATT, sat on hold they sent me to apple(haven't i herad this before) were a tech got on the phone and helped me very well. It turns out i had to RESET my network settings....boomm bammm reboot... POW iam runnning everything is working off 3G at amazing speeds.. Oh boy i tell you it was amazing. So here i go tooting my own horn (i got an iphone you dont nanananana) got home bragged to my wife about my experience my heartbreak my rise above.. So i go to the trusty all IMAC ...itunes look in my library for that amazingly fast downloaded album i bought (via iphone itunes) its not on my MAC. Oh i got it it must never have synced from my phone (the 50 times i must have had it synced in the 3 days since i purchased it) So i look on my phone.. oh did i state i listened to the album 2 times yesterday on my phone? HOUNDINI its gone missing off my phone not on my mac, not in time machine no were GONE. So i started the agravating process of contacting itunes with my proof of purchase...Go to bed wakeup this morning... driving to work... NO EMAIL NO NET NOTHING NOTHING! Reset Network all works well again.... So here i find myself asking a very deep personel ? Do i continue to be an *** or do i get my money back before its too late.. By the way nothing is over exagerated in this post if anything i left some stuff out.. including some stuff that might have me in a rubber room... Have a great day. And wait on the iphone if you dont have it.

Reaction score
I just bought my iphone on saturday. I am having a very love hate relationship with it right now. Tried to setup mobileme not just using mail but contacts bookmarks etc etc. It crashed leaving me to restore my iphone wich i had just manually loaded with about 10gb of music. Ok that got up and running tried to download music from iphone saturday night, worked GREAT was amazed at how fast a album downloaded. So the weekend went on everything seemed to be in order. Wich brings me to tuesday morning at work a perfect time to be a geek and show off my iphone to my coworkers! Well not only did i look like an *** but so did my iphone and apple. I couldnt send or recieve email or go on the net, basically everything involved with 3g or wifi. So after being on the verge of returning it, i gave a call in to ATT, sat on hold they sent me to apple(haven't i herad this before) were a tech got on the phone and helped me very well. It turns out i had to RESET my network settings....boomm bammm reboot... POW iam runnning everything is working off 3G at amazing speeds.. Oh boy i tell you it was amazing. So here i go tooting my own horn (i got an iphone you dont nanananana) got home bragged to my wife about my experience my heartbreak my rise above.. So i go to the trusty all IMAC ...itunes look in my library for that amazingly fast downloaded album i bought (via iphone itunes) its not on my MAC. Oh i got it it must never have synced from my phone (the 50 times i must have had it synced in the 3 days since i purchased it) So i look on my phone.. oh did i state i listened to the album 2 times yesterday on my phone? HOUNDINI its gone missing off my phone not on my mac, not in time machine no were GONE. So i started the agravating process of contacting itunes with my proof of purchase...Go to bed wakeup this morning... driving to work... NO EMAIL NO NET NOTHING NOTHING! Reset Network all works well again.... So here i find myself asking a very deep personel ? Do i continue to be an *** or do i get my money back before its too late.. By the way nothing is over exagerated in this post if anything i left some stuff out.. including some stuff that might have me in a rubber room... Have a great day. And wait on the iphone if you dont have it.

...Thanks you so MUCH. I think you just sealed the deal for me. I'm going to wait out the next iPhone patch coming this month and if that doesn't fix things, I'm going to hold out until the next iteration of the iPhone whatever that maybe and whenever it's going to happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD
I just got one and I love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
...Thanks you so MUCH. I think you just sealed the deal for me. I'm going to wait out the next iPhone patch coming this month and if that doesn't fix things, I'm going to hold out until the next iteration of the iPhone whatever that maybe and whenever it's going to happen.

The problem isn't the iPhone, it's MobileMe. I can't get it to sync with my iPhone to save my life, nor can Apple. Just don't use MobileMe... at least not for syncing... and the iPhone is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
i love my iphone and its a first generation 4gig one, I've had it for almost a year now, i bought the iphone unlocked already here in mexico :D now they started to sell the 3G version legally here now but i rather stick with the one i got that way i don't have to pay long and expensive contracts and anyways i don't really need the 3G since y spend most of the day at work and i use the wif-fi there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 C2D iMac, 2.4 Black Macbook, a few iPods and an iPhone
My iPhone thoughts

I have my 8Gig iPhone and I dont think I will upgrade to a 3G model. Lets not look at the different hard drive capacities but at the features. All you are really getting is GPS and 3G speeds. If you have seen an "old" iPhone triangulate with cell towers you can get, imo, a very good idea if where you are vs where you need to go. Lets also look at since most iPhone owners are "techy" they probably already have a Garmin or TomTom in their car for GPS, I know I do :p.
3G vs. EDGE: I guess that would depend mainly on if you live in the coverage area and how much are you really going to use the service? (I am assuming you live in the states where the coverage is very sketchy atm) Before you buy try and give yourself an honest assessment of how much you think you will use the 3G service after the novelty has worn off. I mainly use mine at work/home where there is Wi-Fi. So I don't see spending the extra money for something that I will barely use. Also don't forget that 3G iPhone plans are $10 more then the original iPhone plans.
This is just my opinion and will hopefully make your choice easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
I have my 8Gig iPhone and I dont think I will upgrade to a 3G model. Lets not look at the different hard drive capacities but at the features. All you are really getting is GPS and 3G speeds. If you have seen an "old" iPhone triangulate with cell towers you can get, imo, a very good idea if where you are vs where you need to go. Lets also look at since most iPhone owners are "techy" they probably already have a Garmin or TomTom in their car for GPS, I know I do :p.
3G vs. EDGE: I guess that would depend mainly on if you live in the coverage area and how much are you really going to use the service? (I am assuming you live in the states where the coverage is very sketchy atm) Before you buy try and give yourself an honest assessment of how much you think you will use the 3G service after the novelty has worn off. I mainly use mine at work/home where there is Wi-Fi. So I don't see spending the extra money for something that I will barely use. Also don't forget that 3G iPhone plans are $10 more then the original iPhone plans.
This is just my opinion and will hopefully make your choice easier.

i can tell a major difference in the 3g vs. edge, its huge. i generally get 3g everywhere i rarely dont have it. is nice at work cause i have started to use my iphone alot there to research values of stuff on ebay.

I dont own a gps, i could never justify buying a dedicated gps unit. the included one with google maps on my iphone is awesome and honestly all i need.

i really love this lil guy. the new games coming out are great as well.

email/texting/calls/gps/games/ipod

im on my iphone non-stop, office(play AND work haha)-->home and lovin it :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. My Verizon contract just expired and I'm clear to get an iPhone, but I don't know how good the coverage is in my area. I'm in the Morristown area of NJ. I work mostly east and south of there.

Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
AT&T's service is crap in Orlando compared to my verizon. And I had never dropped a call in my life until AT&T.

so.

yeah.

I still have my iPhone and Verizon phone, I really like the iPhone though, I think its worth it. I actually rarely call now because of how awesome the texting is. I talk to my girlfriend on the phone thats about it.

Reaction score
Lovin Life

My wife and I were both late adopters...went straight to the 2nd gen and skipped the first. Could not be happier. This is truly the best think since sliced bread. I went with the 16 gb. Half filled with music and misc, leaving rest for TV shows and movies. It truly is a one device wonder. I'll never go back. Until this, I honestly saw no need for a smart phone.... now I don't know what I did without it.

No problem with ATT service in my area.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
I've not had any problems with my iPhone thus far. I just got it recently but I'd been researching it since it came out. I've not heard enough horror stories to think of anything terribly wrong with the iPhone that wasn't an isolated incident.

The biggest cons I've read and researched are... people are upset about not having a copy and paste function, no radio (which you can get for free through the app store now btw), and the inability to play/view flash.

As far as the iPhone working as it says it does I've not heard any complaints. I've read about people running them over or dropping them in water etc... that's really not any actual "problem" with the iPhone though lol XD

I don't get the 3g network where I live but the speeds for the internet even without wifi seem fine.

The biggest vice of the iPhone in MY opinion is having to go with ATT because it's really a horrible plan. I mean we are paying 60$ a month to use their data plan that we will NEVER use because we have wifi ... which is a load of crap. Not to mention 130.00$ a month doesn't even get you text messages which is enough to make me go postal on them ( c'mon text is DATA afterall it SHOULD be included!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
I'm very happy with my iPhone. I've been a WM6 user for over a year, used a Treo 750 and an HTC 8525. I passed on the first iPhone since it lacked 3G and GPS, and in the true Apple fashion - a new version would be out within the year. I giggle a little when I hear people gripe about sudden Apple price drops or new versions of hardware. Anyone who has been an Apple user for at least 2 to 3 years would know this is business as normal, and most of us older folks who have been around since the earlier Apple days know this routine.

When the 3G came out I went for it. The only thing it lacks that I would like but not absolutely need is MMS, copy/paste (popular "want"), and maybe slightly bigger keyboard keys. All of these could be taken care of with an update.

It did come with 2.0 firmware, I had two dropped calls on my way home but the signal immediately came back within 2 seconds and I re-dialed. I loaded 2.1 when I got home and no more issue.

I've found Apple to be very vein in the functionality (or non-functionality) of their products - simply put if something ain't working right, they're pretty darn quick to fix it, which is normally thru software updates, or in the next version (where applicable)

I do notice a considerable difference in 3G over Edge. On the first iPhone, YouTube was horribly slow. On 3G the video starts playing within a few seconds. This could also be due to better software as well, I don't know.

I love the AppStore - being able to download immediately and have it bill (or better if it's free) your iTunes store account. My favorite app so far is PocketGuitar, very intuitive and fun to play with if you're a guitarist (doesn't beat a good 6 string however). Even better: it's .99 cents. So you can noodle some chords if you're fingers are nimble enough while waiting for a plane, your Starbucks coffee, or pretending to do anything but play while at work. :D

Sorry for the long winded-ness - but I've been waiting for this day for a long time and yesterday finally came when I was able to get the iPhone. Ever since it came out I've known more than the friends that bought them (being an avid Apple user of several years) and I would tutor them on it's use. My turn! lol

So yes, worth it. If you don't have 3G in your area, I wouldn't let that be a show-stopper as these phone companies are always upgrading equipment to "beat the other company" in subscriptions. You will probably have it soon.

r/
-Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
Just got mine last week and I LOVE it!

I agree, there are a few bugs here and there, but overall the phone is great!

And, the call quality with AT&T in my area is actually better than Verizon Wireless.

I had a Motorola Q and it was a piece of sh**! WM6 stinks.

Reaction score
My wife and I have iPhones and we love it. We do a lot of web browsing, it's got ton of games/apps. my wife also loves the fact that it's also an iPod :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 C2D iMac, 2.4 Black Macbook, a few iPods and an iPhone
i can tell a major difference in the 3g vs. edge, its huge. i generally get 3g everywhere i rarely dont have it. is nice at work cause i have started to use my iphone alot there to research values of stuff on ebay.

I dont own a gps, i could never justify buying a dedicated gps unit. the included one with google maps on my iphone is awesome and honestly all i need.

i really love this lil guy. the new games coming out are great as well.

email/texting/calls/gps/games/ipod

im on my iphone non-stop, office(play AND work haha)-->home and lovin it :D

I agree with you that having the 3G capability in the palm of your hand must be nice but for me it isn't worth the upgrade cost. At work I have access to the company's network and when I'm at home I have my WiFi network. There hasn't been a time yet that I have needed the 3G speeds where I wasn't a few feet from a computer or within range of a WiFi network. So I can't justify the cost of the new phone plus an extra $10 a month fee from AT&T.

As for the built in GPS I can't justify that either. Not saying that is doesn't benefit many other people but here is my logic: You can only safely use the iPhone's GPS when not driving. Since there is no voice prompted turning, ie *****ing Betty screaming that you missed a right onto I-40 west bound ramp, you would have to continuously look at the phone. Now if you are doing this on a regular basis then I would have to ask where you live so that I will not be driving in the same city :D So the $300 I spent for my Garmin is less then it would be for me to upgrade to a 3G model that I wouldn't use any differently then my 2G.

I'm not saying that the 3G model isn't spectacular but how many people actually need it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
Even tho my iphone 3g isnt perfect i still would'nt change it for any other phone on the market. safari crashes at least once a day and the odd app crashes now and again but not enuff to make me wanna change. The only thing that really bugs me about the iphone is the phone part. Maybe it's just mine but when i dial a number or from contacts it says calling but never actually rings? I have to cancel call and try again. It always works second time. Also when i am on the phone sometimes the line goes so bad thats it's like talking to a computer voice. This doesnt happen all the time just now and again. Hopefully apple will sort this problem out unless it's just my phone. But because it doesnt happen all the time sods law it wont happen when i'm trying to show them in the shop that theres a problem. Still the best phone tho by far.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can only safely use the iPhone's GPS when not driving. Since there is no voice prompted turning, ie *****ing Betty screaming that you missed a right onto I-40 west bound ramp, you would have to continuously look at the phone. Now if you are doing this on a regular basis then I would have to ask where you live so that I will not be driving in the same city :D So the $300 I spent for my Garmin is less then it would be for me to upgrade to a 3G model that I wouldn't use any differently then my 2G.

I would actually disagree with tis statement. I've used it number of times while out of town on business with my TomTom was no available. Setting the device on you leg or the center console and glancing at it is not particularly dangerous unless you are doing 120 on the interstate. As for safety, it's no less safe than glancing at your Garmin when it's not speaking to you would be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 6 Plus
I recently dumped my cellphone and changed to iPhone 3G.... I think I made a right choice. Besides the fact the monthly fee is more than what I used to pay, I feel it is still a bargain, considering all great functions, apps, and add-ons.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.