Upgrading a G3 b/w

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Firstly, please note my Mac G3 specs. It is a good, sturdy machine that ploughs steadily through almost everything I require of it, but it is slow by today's standards, and falls short in the area of video and some other performance standards. I cannot begin to afford a new computer, my eMac is likely to fail at some stage (the capacitor issue), so ... what about a processor upgrade?

Enter Powerlogix ZIF card, which would take the G3's speed to approx 1 GHz, a significant step upward. Can anyone proffer good advice about, or has anyone had either good or bad experience of, the following? (US$125 is a questionable investment in an old machine) ...
http://eshop.macsales.com/Item_XLR8YourMac.cfm?ID=6849&Item=PLGPFZGX10001M

Reaction score
Wish I'd seen that before I bought this Sonnett 1.2 ghz for $300.
I'd say go for it and max out the ram.

Reaction score
Better hope no one ever updated the firmware direct from Apple as they sent
down code to unknowing owners that made some B&w G3's not upgrade. It was a nasty thing to do,but they needed to sale G4's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.