Why no Applecare in the UK

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused as to why Apple are not offering Applecare in the UK yet it's available for US customers. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I too have been wondering this ever since I got my first gen iPhone way back when.

I thought that with the launch of the second gen iPhone they would have offered AppleCare to us but it doesn't seem that way at the moment!

Quite annoying really.

OP
G
Reaction score
It is very annoying - US users get an extra year's cover for £35, whereas if UK iPhones break after the first year we're screwed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not much we can do about it as Apple concentrates on the North American market. Prices approx. double Apple Store US to Apple Store Aus. for accessories. E.G. ADC/DVI adapter US$99 AU$199.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
The only option I can think of is getting a third-party extended warranty or insurance, as the handset is £159 though I doubt it is worth it any repairs are probably going to cost more than the handset...if it is possible to buy a new handset or whether they would charge you the PAYG price as the handset is subsidised on contract.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.