Remove window's title bar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
Hey all,

Does anyone know a way to remove the title bar from a window? I'm using Afloat to keep my terminal as an overlay on the screen, but it would be way cooler without a title bar. I don't need it anyway.

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to do this in Firefox...it seems like it should be simple. One way is to use Interface Builder (if you have the Mac OS developer tools installed) to edit the app's main .nib file...however, this doesn't exist for Firefox. See this thread over at MacWorld for some more discussion.

Reaction score
Ok, so I haven't totally figured this out... You'll have to examine the code to figure out exactly how to do this. But here's your answer: The Mac application 'Stickies' has a custom title bar. Go into the Developer\Examples\CoreData\Stickies folder and open the stickies project. Run it and you'll see it has a custom title bar. I think it's just a NIB file directly loaded as a window instead of a normal application XIB file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.