Installing OSX without Wiping my Entire Computer

Reaction score
Hello,

A while ago, I uninstalled Classic in order to free up space on my computer. Now, I need to install Classic back onto my computer so that I can download a printer driver. Is there a way to do this without having to re-install everything, thus wiping off everything on my computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I saw that, but note where it says you have to insert a installer disk? Does this mean it will wipe my computer?

Not unless you tell it to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I saw that, but note where it says you have to insert an installer disk? Does this mean it will wipe my computer?

Tell us what installer disks you've got, or have access to, what model of Mac computer you're using, what OS you're running, and then we can help you further. You can archive and install (preserves all your applications and files), or custom install (you decide what parts of the OS you want to install).

Secondly, what sort of printer are you trying to use and for which you need to download drivers? It might be that your simplest and most effective solution is to upgrade your printer instead of trying to work your way through Classic. Home-use printers are not expensive. OS X supports a wide range of printers - although certainly not every brand and model - without the need for drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.