"Mac isn't right for me"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel iMac 2.66Ghz 2Gb RAM
I'm baffled - which programs are you talking about? For example, in Pages (or Word for Mac) I can select a para, right click and up comes the usual Windows-type menu with Cut, Copy and Paste. Highlight a chunk of a Web page and right click and you have Copy there. So where is Cut and Paste not working?

Unlike others in this thread, I've been using Windows more or less since Windows first existed and PCs before that with green screens and white text :) I've been using the Mac now for about five months and have not had a moment's regret - it is so far superior in user-friendliness as to be out of sight of Windows. And no more of those irritating, "Sorry we have to close now, would you like to inform Microsoft". For software that I haven't yet replaced, I use VMFusion and Windows XP - but I rarely go there. All I use in the Windows space is Photoshop and Homesite (html editor).
I'm talking about the Finder. Yes, the usual Cut/Copy/Paste works universally in applications where applicable, but usually in the Finder, Cut is not available for some reason. Not a big issue.
Also, when copying over something where there are matching folders, if you choose to continue copying, it will completely replace that folder, not merge them. There is no choice.
That said, I love OSX, and wouldn't go back for anything.
I started out on a Texas Instruments 99/4A and moved on to my dad's Commodore 128 with CP/M, and later Windows 3.1. I drooled over a friend's Amiga 500, out of my reach at the time. I was never a big fan of the various Windows, not until XP did they start to get their act together, despite it being condescending and ugly. I absolutely loathed Windows ME for its instability and other quirks, but would not go back to Windows 98, as I wanted a proper thumbnail view. I experimented with Linux since Mandrake 7.5 and Caldera OpenLinux 4 (they later changed their name to SCO and started suing everyone), but it was just a hobby and it was never suitable or reliable enough to be my main OS. When my old PC died, which had Ubuntu at the time, I never bothered reinstalling it again, I preferred not to mess with the partitions again, as the new Dell had Vista, and there were numerous ugly stories of people losing everything as the Linux partitioner had trouble with Vista partitions and was likely to screw up royally. Too messy.
I worked with Mac OS professionally in the publishing industry, and much preferred it.
Now my Dell sits mostly unused, except to get files off it or to try some Windows program. I have the Adobe Suite, and all my app needs are covered. OpenOffice was my Office suite of choice even on PC, as was Firefox. I only wish there were native versions of Inkscape and Gimp. GTK and X-Windows sucks lemons, and are not viable in their present state on a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.