How to make text form fields in Pages?

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently made the wonderful switch from MS Word to Pages. I have been very happy with the switch for many reasons, but have found one important snag. Am hoping some knowledgeable person can help.

I create many templates for my business that always use the form field text option in MS Word (i.e. the little shaded box that you insert so that you can easily insert text by tabbing to each form field box, thereby entering information quickly and without the need to point or scroll to each text box). This is so vital that I have been unable to use Pages for my templates because I cannot figure how to do it. If I open the existing Word templates in Pages, everything copies flawlessly except for those form fields. I even decided I would rewrite all the templates into Pages but I cannot find a similar function that would create such a fill-in box. Searching Help provided no answers.

Does anyone know how to create these fill-in form field text boxes (or whatever they are called in Mac Land)?
Thanks very much. Have a nice day...

Reaction score
Ditto

Nothing here that jberton didn't already say. Just wanted to reinforce how important form fields are to me. Same goes for data validation in Numbers. I really want to ditch MS Office for reasons too numerous to list here, but iWork really needs to catch up is certain areas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
So are you using iWork 08 or 09

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.