Error installing the 1.22a patch on warcraft 3 frozen throne

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and i have a little problem here. I use to have the 1.21b patch installed but i want to upgrade to the 1.22a patch but i always get this error message: ERROR: unable to load file 'Abilities\Spells\NightElf\shadowstrike\shadowstrike.mdx' from archive (War3Patch.mpq, war3.mpq)
I don't know what might be causing this, but i need a solution quickly!
Thanks a lot guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Sounds like a corrupted download to me. Try downloading the patch from another source.

OP
D
Reaction score
Well, i downloaded it from the blizzard support page. How can it be corrupted. And by the way, the game was given to me by my friend. We all use the same serial number that is why i cannot play online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well, i downloaded it from the blizzard support page. How can it be corrupted. And by the way, the game was given to me by my friend. We all use the same serial number that is why i cannot play online.

Well now, if you had read the forum rules, you'd know that aiding and abetting piracy is very firmly against the rules. SHAME SHAME SHAME!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.