Help ? Airport all OK except 'Failed Internet, Failed Server'

Reaction score
Just bought a new Macbook for my daughter, to add to perfectly functioning miniMac and Powerbook on well functioning Airport Express wireless network. I've had no luck in connecting to wireless network. On testing with network diagnostics Airport, Airport Settings, Network Settings, and ISP are all fine. But Internet and Server simply do not work on the Macbook (the other computers, same settings, same network, same server etc, work fine).

Any ideas what to do ?

The Macbook OS is OSX 10.5.4 (the miniMac is OSX 10.4.11; as is the Powerbook) could this be an issue ? The network is protected by a WPA2 Personal password.

Any help much appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Copper,

Have you looked at your Macbook firewall? Perhaps your browser needs to be added as an item in the firewall... Otherwise your connection may be blocked.

Noel

OP
C
Reaction score
Noel
Thanks for the suggestion. Checked this just now, but actually Macbook has no Firewall set up yet, so I don't think that it can be for that reason (?)

When you say "connection may be blocked" - By who/what ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
What is handing out DHCP addresses?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
IP address clash perhaps?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.