NoteTaker / RealMedia Files

Reaction score
Couple of questions:

1) I installed the NoteTaker Trial but decided to uninstall it. I did so using AppDelete, but when I right click a NoteTaker option is at the bottom of the menu. How can I remove this?

2) Is there any way to convert .rm and .rmvb files to any format that VLC can play?

Thank for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
1. Do a spotlight search for notetaker and delete anything you see related to notetaker. I think you have a system prefrence or similar still hanging around which is causing this.

2. Real media video is a closed format. And I've not yet found a good way of converting it to anything else. My best bet is to steer clear or .rm files wherever possible. But to answer you. . . I can't really. I've no idea what can do the job. I'd like to know myself too.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I'm disappointed to hear about the second thing...

However, I have searched for NoteTaker and no items show up in the finder. Nothing shows up searching for taker either... Any idea what else I should search for?

And I shouldn't really just add a random extra question... But do you know how to stop the cursor from jumping when zoomed in using Universal Access?

Thank for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
1. I've read through a few google searches that reinstaling the app then using appdelete on it again should work. Well that's what I read. I dunno if that's true or not.

2. In the system preferences under universal access -> Mouse, there is a initial delay slider. Adjusting that might just be what you are after to fix that issue.

OP
T
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've also tried to do this... Nothing seems to remove it. I'll try again just in case though.

The issue doesn't seem to occur very often in Apple products. However, whilst using Firefox if I am zoomed in and click anywhere on a web page the cursor immediately jumps to the very top of the window, where the page name is displayed. This does NOT occur in Safari. Is it a problem between the integration of Universal Access with Firefox? I don't think this seems likely, but its odd that it doesn't affect first party applications.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.