Upgraded to 10.4--Preview Pictures go POOF!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX 4.11, G-5
I just recently upgraded to OSX 10.4.11. I have always used PREVIEW to help me sort out digital pictures (to toss, to save, to print, to store, etc). I would always just drag the picture from Preview onto the desktop or into a folder on the desktop.

NOW--the darn pictures go POOF!!

I am sure there has got to be some simple command to keep these from POOFING, but I'll be danged if I can figure it out.

This problem isn't life-threatening, but rather ... just darn annoying!

Hoping there is a simple answer for this simple-minded person!
If I have posted in the wrong forum, please let me know!!!

TIA

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Were you dragging them from the sidebar in Preview? I just tried it here in 10.5 and it works.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX 4.11, G-5
Yes, I was dragging from the sidebar--"drawer". No matter what I do, the pictures go POOF!

I still have the originals, but it is such a bummer to have to go back to the folder every time I want to save/dump/rename a picture.

Thanks---! Wonder if something is corrupt here? If there is, I sure wouldn't know how to fix it. Everything else on the upgrade seems to be working fine.

job

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes, I was dragging from the sidebar--"drawer". No matter what I do, the pictures go POOF!

I still have the originals, but it is such a bummer to have to go back to the folder every time I want to save/dump/rename a picture.

Thanks---! Wonder if something is corrupt here? If there is, I sure wouldn't know how to fix it. Everything else on the upgrade seems to be working fine.

job

I will go fire up my older Mac with 10.4.11 and get back to you. Something is wrong as I do not remember Preview acting that way in Tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.