During a call

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" with 3Gb RAM and a 13"Macbook with 4Gb RAM
Well I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but while i'm on a call my screen gets locked i.e. goes blank and then there isn't any way to unlock it unless and until I've disconnected the call using the sleep button. I've tried everything from continuously tapping on the screen to trying the home button and changing the volume. Is this actually supposed to happen or any way i could solve this problem?

Btw I am using the Iphone 3g with the 2.0.2 firmware without any jailbreaks or anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The screen is supposed to brighten/unlock when you take it away from your face, or at least mine does. It sounds like the proximity sensor on yours is not functioning as it should. Do you have it in a case or have some sort of film on it for protection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Yeah, I've heard of this issue before. It's usually been a case of the proximity sensor not working properly. Have you tried wiping around that area when this happens? It could just be a bad part, too.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I didn't know about the proximity sensor. Cause sometimes while I'm on the phone the screen just comes on and keys get pressed. And yea I do have a scratch guard protection on my screen (since I wasn't sure how scratch proof it was) and a cover around it too. But doesn't everybody??

I have tried wiping around that area. So what the person with the same problem do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
So what the person with the same problem do?
Take the screen guard off. But if that doesn't work, it's likely a hardware problem.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is the screen really scratch proof like they say??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've had mine for a month and no scratches on my screen.

Remove the scratch guard, that is likely your problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Is the screen really scratch proof like they say??
Nothing is scratch proof. However, I owned the 1st gen iPhone for a year using no case or screen protector. Not one scratch on the screen. In fact, the only place I noticed any scratches on the entire device was the chrome apple on the back (no surprise there).

People just need to use common sense is all. You don't throw a device like this in a gym bag, for example. You don't throw it in the same pocket as your keys (or if you have sand in your pockets). And you don't drop it in the driveway and drive over it, either. ;D

OP
Q
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright will do guys...thanks for all the help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.