MBP Rebooting while Idle

Reaction score
I've had this machine for a while, and when idle instead of just logging out it'll reboot sometimes. I really have no idea what to check or what to do, any suggestions are helpful, if you need any more information let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2.2 Ghz Santa Rosa
I've had this machine for a while, and when idle instead of just logging out it'll reboot sometimes. I really have no idea what to check or what to do, any suggestions are helpful, if you need any more information let me know.
sorry but can you be more specifics....i mean your mac had a random shutdown or what else ???....

OP
V
Reaction score
When i leave my MBP on and walk away, it will reboot itself. It's setup to only send me back to the login screen once it's been idle but it physically reboots. I don't know how i can be more specific then that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2.2 Ghz Santa Rosa
When i leave my MBP on and walk away, it will reboot itself. It's setup to only send me back to the login screen once it's been idle but it physically reboots. I don't know how i can be more specific then that.
ok ic....but have you check your hardware manually , or something trouble has been damage your machine , for examples , you ever using your mac for along time , it can make your machine overheat , and then the machine isn't working properly .....or maybe you should re install your mac using mac os x ,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Two things to look for when random rebooting occurs:

1. Overheating = check the machine temps and Fans

2. Memory= A bad or marginal memory module will cause the machine to reboot randomly. Use memory check software.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.