Boot camp install, no format option xp pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
ok, I tried today to install xp pro from a known good VLA so disk. This disk has the serial slip-streamed as well as sp2. I get no option to format after selecting the bootcamp partition. Could not find a solution
online. Anyone got one, or should I open a defect?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not sure what a VLA disc is but what you have there is an automatic/semi-automatic install.

When creating Windows install discs you can create a script to tailor the install. This includes embedding the serial, determining the partition sizes and which options are presented to the user - which is what you have I believe.

Your only recourse is to re-author the disc without the tailoring using a Windows tool like nLite or to get another disc.

OP
Dysfunction
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VLA is a Volume License Agreement (think site license). Since I created the install image, I know what I've automated, partition sizes are not one of them (actually, the only thing that is is the SN) and it asks to format on all other platforms (including vmware). You know, you don't need to use a tool, it's a text file. While I have seen a lot of similar problems posted on the web, I have not seen many answers that people did not have either significant problems with or that simply did not work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I appreciate it's a text file. Sorry didn't realise you'd put it together. Was just going for a simple solution!

I've created quite a few of these and never come across the problem you're having I'm afraid.

You could always recreate the script to do the format. Doesn't answer the question as to why it's not offering the choice but it would provide a solution.

OP
Dysfunction
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well luckily it's just so that my wife can run visio for school.. so I just gave up, installed fusion and copied an XP image over to her macbook. One of these days, when I actually have some time, I'll probably track it down and then open a defect on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.