Screen corruption, HELP?!?!

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a macbook pro over a year now and the only problem ive ever had is the battery but who hasent had a problem with them...anyway, a while back it had a nasty slip to the floor, and lately ive been suffering some screen corruption...after I give the screen a bit of a shake it goes away...but if I give the laptop a shake it comes back! I have opened this numerous times changing the HDD and have unplugged and replugged the screen connector, but no luck!

any ideas on how to fix this or what is casing it??

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ok, so I have a macbook pro over a year now and the only problem ive ever had is the battery but who hasent had a problem with them...anyway, a while back it had a nasty slip to the floor, and lately ive been suffering some screen corruption...after I give the screen a bit of a shake it goes away...but if I give the laptop a shake it comes back! I have opened this numerous times changing the HDD and have unplugged and replugged the screen connector, but no luck!

any ideas on how to fix this or what is casing it??

Sounds like a flex cable issue to me. You say it's been checked and is secure to the systemboard... did you check the back of the screen? It connects at both ends. Is the cable damaged in any way (tears or anything)? Does the distortion persist if you connect to an external display?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.