Advice on Backup Alternatives to Time Machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
So I'm about done w/ Time Machine, it just stopped working and Apple Support has run out of ideas on how to go about rebooting it or whatever. I have a 500GB external SeaGate HD and am looking for any other alternative software to backup my MBP. I would like to do an initial full-system backup and then just do like daily or weekly "refresher" backups for any new documents, music, or pics. Thanks in advance!

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Thanks, downloaded it and am cloning my Mac HD now... here's hoping...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Not sure if CCC has been updated, but I know there were some compatibility issues with Leopard at one time. I personally use and recommend SuperDuper! which has been extensively tested.

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Well, seeing as how I'm about 5 min away from being done w/ my system backup on Carbon Copy... I'll give it a try and see how I like it! The two look very similar, though.

Reaction score
Does anyone know when carbonite.com is going to be released for the Mac?? Their website has been saying "coming soon" for a long time. I use this for the PC and it is GREAT!!

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Well, the Carbon Copy worked great. A flawless, bootable backup of my entire system. I will from here-on-out just update the select folders (pics, music, docs) on a daily/weekly basis and hopefully I should be set!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.