Replacing white MacBook shell with black MacBook shell.

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a February 2008 white MacBook which I ordered from the Apple UK online store. At the time I wanted (and could only afford) the white MacBook. Now I am interested in purchasing the shell parts from a black MacBook.

I would then disassemble my MacBook using iFixit guides and reassemble it with the black parts. I am here to ask which parts I will need, where to get them online for reasonable prices, and what revisions of MacBooks have compatible case parts for my MacBook.

I am not interested in any suggestions of alternatives such as protective cases, I have already considered that. I already know some of the parts that will need replacing:

* Front bezel.
* Rear bezel (lid casing.)
* Upper casing (keyboard assembly.)
* Lower casing.
* Battery.
* Clutch cover.
* Right and left hinge covers. (Bezel scoops.)
* Rear vent.

Is there anything that I'm missing? Thanks in advance I hope.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
thats a really good idea! i dont know anything about where to get the parts from, but if you do come up with a place, then please post the details on here! id be really interested to look into it too!

OP
R
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm in the UK. I've seen that site and they don't appear to have all the stuff I need. My main question is whether the parts differ between different MacBook revisions. I would think that only the electronics would change, but the casing would be the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
yeah im fairly certain the dimensions and casing etc are all the same.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks. Does anybody know what the grille-like part is in the following picture:

caselo0.jpg

I can't tell where it is on the MacBook. If it's visible I'll need to get a black replacement for it too. :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
That Grille is under the hinge it tucks under the top(keyboard casing) where it dips down to meet the bottom casing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
This seems like its going to be really expensive...

Revision wise, there were two different keyboards... Everything else Im pretty sure stayed the same

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.