iBook G4 Problem

Reaction score
i have a iBook G4 since 2005....
The intagrated keyboard doesn't work so i use a ussual microsoft usb keyboard.....
Today i tried to install Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. I mean to upgrade Mac OS X 10.3.9. I inserted disk 1 and followed the steps.... After a while it restarts...
Then it boots and them it only shows a blue background and the mouse pointer.....
My iBook meets the minimum requierments of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger..

Need help on this one...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2.2 Ghz Santa Rosa
i think you should repairing your internal keyboard fisrt....after that you can install Mac OS X 10.4 , but don't forget to check your minimum requirements too....i mean before you install a Mac OS X 10.4 on your iBook , better you check minimum spec that Mac OS X 10.4 needs.....

may i know what spec that your iBook has ??

OP
L
Reaction score
My iBook has a 1.33Gbs Processor [Intel i guess] 768 MB of RAM... 55gb hdd space... An video card i really don't know....

OP
L
Reaction score
I don't know how but i resolved the problem and the instalation resumed..... now it installs from cd 2... Thank's anyway...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My iBook has a 1.33Gbs Processor [Intel i guess] 768 MB of RAM... 55gb hdd space... An video card i really don't know....
have you check minimum requirements that Mac OS X 10.4 needs ??? my friends has an iBook with the same spec with you....and his install Mac OS X Leopard on his iBook...so far no problem with his iBook....i Think you should repairing your internal keyboard fisrt....and after that try again to install Mac OS X 10.4 on your iBook....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know how but i resolved the problem and the instalation resumed..... now it installs from cd 2... Thank's anyway...
ok never mind.....nice helping you....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.