How does everyone using GB do drums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Do you use Apple loops or do you create your own drum parts?

This is how I do it:

First off I'm a drummer by default, I can play guitar, piano and bass, but drums are where my heart is. When I first got my Mac, I had conundrum, I couldn't afford a nice midi keyboard so I was using musically typing, how does on go about programming a 4 limb drum part with a QWERTY keyboard? I had an old drum machine and a turtle beach midi to USB cable, great, now I am pushing little rubber buttons (not much better) and I still can't play everything at once, but the midi drum machine had way less latency then the QWERTY did. So what I did was split my drums parts into two midi instrument performances. One for kick and snare, one for cymbals and fills. This allowed my to have a far more human performance with improvised fills and shifts in feel. I will also reduce the tempo to attain the speed of the fills I want as well. I can also layer a LOT of really cool drums together. I am doing an industrial rock thing, kinda like Nine Inch Nails. I play metal and punk by trade on drums but I've always wanted to do industrial, lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.