Guild Wars & drivers?

Reaction score
I've installed Guild Wars with CrossOver and everything works fine except some flashy white things appearing frequently while playing. i suspect it might be some graphic issues but i dont want to do anything because i'm fairly new to "mac world".

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

OP
B
Reaction score
the flashy white things I think they come from the game.....its fairies you need to catch and they give you money and weapons and armors.
LOL no... i play Guild Wars for about 3 years i guess, so i know the game very well. The flashy things are graphic problems in my opinion but i dont know how to solve them.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
I wouldn't recommend Crossover, it slows down games and makes games really buggy
I would highly recommend using Boot camp, which makes games play flawlessly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I've not played Guild Wars myself, so I can't be of much help. You could try tweaking various graphics options in the game itself just to narrow down the problem. You'd also be best off looking over the Guild War forum on Codeweaver's website. You'll be more likely to find someone who can help. Guild Wars is a supported game under Crossover, so you could also open up a support ticket about it.

BTW... which version of Crossover are you using? Crossover Games 7.1.1 is the latest and greatest.

OP
B
Reaction score
I've not played Guild Wars myself, so I can't be of much help. You could try tweaking various graphics options in the game itself just to narrow down the problem. You'd also be best off looking over the Guild War forum on Codeweaver's website. You'll be more likely to find someone who can help. Guild Wars is a supported game under Crossover, so you could also open up a support ticket about it.

BTW... which version of Crossover are you using? Crossover Games 7.1.1 is the latest and greatest.

I'm running 7.0.2. I've already tweak the graphics but it's the same. Any chance of directX problem? And if so is there a way to install it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm running 7.0.2. I've already tweak the graphics but it's the same. Any chance of directX problem? And if so is there a way to install it?

Crossover already has the components for dx8 and dx9 built-in. Reading over the forums, it seems Guild Wars is a little buggy with dx9 under Crossover. You may want to try forcing it to use dx8. See the Tips and Tricks section of the GW forum on Codeweaver's site for instructions on how to do that, among other things to try.

OP
B
Reaction score
Tried everything and the problem persist and once in a while the system deep freezes and i have to reboot with the power button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.