Need advice on time capsule

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm planning to have a TC this month and I need some advice from you guys before I make my final decision:)

At home I have a mac book, a windows xp desktop and I also use company's thinkpad laptop for business purposes. Meanwhile, I use windows xp platform more than OS, so I have the following concerns about TC compatibility with windows:

1. How is the general speed for file transmitting between PC to TC?

2. As I'm a consultant and I travel a lot, so I'm inclined to carry TC for file storage and network sharing purpose (in case there is only one cable access in client's office, I can use TC to share network to the entire team). Can my colleague's PC connect to my TC without installing any apple software?

3. For PC without wireless function, can it access TC's hard drive using Ethernet cable port? If so, does TC have to stay connected to WAN in order to do so?

Thanks in advance:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If you are planning on using the Time Capsule for your own storage (ie, not sharing the external hard drive function) I'd say you are better off getting a USB or Firewire external drive and an Airport Express.

Probably not much use, but my two cents nevertheless :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
1. Very Fast
2. Yes
3. Yes, No

I love my time capsule. Use it with OS X, Vista, and XP flawlessly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.