PhotoShop CS for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
Is there a way to get photoshop cs (not cs3) on my macbook for free?
If not , I have it on my old iBook (now my moms) so is there a way to transfer it? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
The only way to get Photoshop for free is to illegally download it.

I believe, if you have a serial number, you should be able to just transfer the program (by using the CD, or possibly a flash drive) and installing it to your MacBook.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, not worth the hassle..
Also would doing this be illegal?

<link removed>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Transmission is fine... I can't think of why an App would ever be illegal, it's about what you do with it. If you're downloading pirated software with it, that's not the same as downloading public domain things or free/shareware.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I though Limewire was though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.5.4
Is there a freeware that is similar to photoshop for Mac Leopard.
I've been dying to find a program for design.
Help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS 512MB
ive recently been wondering the same thing, i found a few links here but i didnt really like any of them...gimp seems to be the favourite of many people though so im tryin that out atm and i do quite like it...will probs take a bit of getting used to but it looks as close as you'll get...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OK, not worth the hassle..
Also would doing this be illegal?

<link removed>

Yes, that would essentially be stealing a license for a program you don't already own.

You may transfer an existing program from one computer to another, providing that you remove it from the source machine first. To do that, you would simply uninstall it from the source machine and then use your original media to install it on the destination machine. If you lost the media or if you downloaded it directly from Adobe and don't have the original distribution, you'll need to contact Adobe for details on how to obtain replacement media.

There have been a number of mentions on this thread about software piracy (i.e. downloading software from Torrents or other P2P clients). This would constitute illegal activity, discussion of which is prohibited here.

The bottom line is that if you didn't purchase the software, you have no legal rights to use it, regardless of how it was obtained.

With that said, there are free alternatives like The Gimp that are very similar to Photoshop in terms of functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.