Alright! A few more questions....

Reaction score
I am finally starting to get the hang of the iBook :D While I still have a whole lot to learn, I think my favorite things so far are the scrolling with two fingers on the touchpad, a mac version of seamonkey, and the Expose is SOOOO sweet for switching between windows. I am still getting used to the file system, and as weird as it sounds, the simplicity is the hardest part to get used to. Now to my questions..

To preface~ I have a 1.43ghz iBook with 512meg built in and 512meg ddr sdram pc2700u
1) How many memory slots are there on this unit and how much memory will it handle? Are there any differences between PC 2700 for Mac and IBM? Now, where are the memory slots? My guess is that they might be below the keyboard since there are no panels on the back but thats just a guess.

My next question is: The ibook G4 has an Airport Extreme wireless card built in, but it does not tell me the transfer rate. Is it a 54mbps card or lower?

Overall I am extremely happy with the switchover. Once I get really comfortable and totally set up with this I do believe I will never touch a IBM again....:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
1. According to Crucial you have 1 slot that can take up to 1GB DDR PC2700 RAM, in addition to the 512mb you have built in. I looked that up assuming you have a 14" 1.42GHz G4 iBook btw. IMO all brands are pretty much equal - most of it's the same stuff re-branded anyway, so you may as well go with something reasonably cheap.

2. Here's a guide to installing it.

3. You probably have a b/g card in which case it should be 54mbps. Try holding down the alt key and clicking the Airport icon on your menu bar.

OP
J
Reaction score
1. According to Crucial you have 1 slot that can take up to 1GB DDR PC2700 RAM, in addition to the 512mb you have built in. I looked that up assuming you have a 14" 1.42GHz G4 iBook btw. IMO all brands are pretty much equal - most of it's the same stuff re-branded anyway, so you may as well go with something reasonably cheap.

2. Here's a guide to installing it.

3. You probably have a b/g card in which case it should be 54mbps. Try holding down the alt key and clicking the Airport icon on your menu bar.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.