downloading issue

Reaction score
i got a mac pro about 4 weeks ago.... ive notices that my downloading is much slower on my mac.... my pc downloads at 2mb/sec while my mac can only download at 80kb a second..... any reasons y?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
hateapples,

Check your Airport connection and see if you are connected to the same network on the Mac as your PC (System Preferences>Network). If you are, there shouldn't be any noticeable difference... Check your Network Location and make sure it's set to automatic. In the Advanced buttons you can check all your network settings as well...

Also check all your browser settings for downloading. Maybe you could use FF3 if you aren't already.

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
H
Reaction score
i got that... do u think i should check it out with another mac book and if still not right just restore my mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hateapples,

If you can check it out with another Macbook, you'll get a good comparison check. Great idea!

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.