G5 2.0Ghz and ATA133 PCI card ?

Reaction score
Any of you guys know if any PCI ATA133 card will work in a G5 with PCI ? i have a old G5 Dual Core 2.0Ghz i´m trying to build op for a friend. But he also have 2 old ATA drives with lots of stuff he needs and therefor we will have to install a ATA133 PCI card. I have 2 different PC ATA133 cards i need to know if they will work just like that ??? Does the OS X system have the drivers for ATA133 build in ? thx :)

Its a Powermac G5 with PCI running OS X 10.4.11 PPC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You will need to be careful as to what type of PCI card you have. There is PCI, PCI-X and PCI-e. The 2006 version of the PowerMac G5 has PCI-e, per this link.

I am going to guess that most ATA133 cards are "straight up" or legacy PCI. Unless your PowerMac G5 is older, your card may not work.

Your friend may wish to consider getting an external enclosure that takes ATA drives and presents a USB or Firewire interface. This is another way to go, and may be simpler.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.