MacBook Pro 17 in Hi-Res display

Reaction score
I've been to a few Apple stores and have been unable to find any with the 17 inch Hi-Res display. I would like to compare the standard and Hi-Res. Has anyone seen both of them? Does anyone have a Hi-Res display? I am pretty sure I am going with the matte display as I use it outside to download photo's. Any thoughs on the LED Hi-Res displays would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
yes, I've seen the hi red matte display in the apple store, and I wouldn't settle for anything less.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks...

I just purchased a Refurbished MacBook Pro from the Apple website with the matte Hi-Res display. The $500 I saved just paid for the warranty and the sales tax. I have heard good things about the refurbished units and I guess I am taking a "leap-of-faith". Thanks again for the replies. I am sure I will have questions later on. This is my first Mac as I have been a PC user since Windows 3.0. I have seen the light and left the "dark-side".

Reaction score
If you search like on google I think its Hires macbook pro screen vs standard it shows you pictures off the two right next to each other. But i have the 17" hi res and i love it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.