Just bought a new blackbook. I was just wonderin....

Reaction score
Okay i just made the big switch over. and i have NO regrets about it. Im LOVING leopard.
but i still need to use windows for school. and i was wonderin...
i dont have a windows xp install cd. i just have a install cd from DELL left over from my old laptop.
I have a couple of questions....
1). Will the install cd work?
2). Bootcamp or Vmware Fusion 2.0 BETA 2?
3). How do i install?
4). If it doesnt end up working...does anyone know a cheap place to buy a universal xp install cd?

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
2. Depends. For most uses, VMware is nifty because it doesn't require a reboot. If you're using resource-intensive stuff in Windows, then BC is the way to go.
3. Depends on which you decide on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Okay i just made the big switch over. and i have NO regrets about it. Im LOVING leopard.
but i still need to use windows for school. and i was wonderin...
i dont have a windows xp install cd. i just have a install cd from DELL left over from my old laptop.
I have a couple of questions....
1). Will the install cd work?
2). Bootcamp or Vmware Fusion 2.0 BETA 2?
3). How do i install?
4). If it doesnt end up working...does anyone know a cheap place to buy a universal xp install cd?

That dell CD is specifically for your dell. It allows you to reinstall the operating system without a serial key only if it's a dell.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.