Entourage email deleting question

Reaction score
Just came across one little annoyance with Entourage. In Outlook on a PC, when I had the email list above the preview pane (which I do now as well with Entourage on the Mac), whenever I deleted an email, the next email that Outlook would select to be viewed would be the one underneath - which makes it easier to keep deleting old emails. With Entourage, when you delete an email it resorts you back to the email that was above the one you just deleted - which then makes you have to put the cursor on the email underneath to delete the next email. So in other words, if you don't want to delete a specific email, everytime you delete the email underneath it, it will put you back on the same email you want to keep. Frustrating. Hope I described the situation well enough. Could be confusing. :[ Anyway, if you can comprehend what I'm describing, is there a fix to the issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5 | 6 GB OCZ Platinum | RME HDSP9652
Just sort the emails by date in the opposite order.

As a corollary, Microsoft intentionally crippled some things in Office Mac. I doubt that is one of them, but you will continue to find little things that you miss about the Windows versions.

Reaction score
OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. Seems to work but I doubt I'm gonna press 3 keys simutaneously each time - what a hassle!

joC

Reaction score
HI! New here. How do I post a question? Can't seem to find how to.

Reaction score
:( I only recently became a Mac after being a PC for many years. I also find this deletion order a problem. I thought there would be a quick and easy solution, but guess that is not possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Usually when I go through a days worth of emails at once, I read them in the order received. Try starting with the first email of the day instead of the last. I guess it's just whatever you get used to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.