SSL Newb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Ghz Core 2duo 4gb RAM
Hi all

I'm new to the mac-forums (as well as a recent switcher) and I was wondering if any of you could help me out.

I need to find out how to make an SSL website using dreamweaver. I've heard various things from different people. I know I have to have a certificate, and I have to have software running off of the server to make credit card transactions, but I want to know if there is anything in particular I need to know when making this site in dreamweaver.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
There's really nothing extra you need to do to use SSL. If the server is setup for SSL, all you need to do is make sure your links contain HTTPS:// instead of HTTP://, and maybe redirect people if you see them come to a page without using SSL.

If you need to get the certificate yourself, you need to look at what server type you have, then pick where you will get the cert from, and purchase it from them.

Reaction score
SSL newb

Hello windows#1sprfan,

There is nothing extra steps need to install SSL for you dreamweaver website.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.