Disk Copy not mounting - Help

P

Performa460

My disk copy, whenever I try to mount a .dmg file it says. "Weighting for disk copy helper" then nothing happens. I cant reinstall it, as I bought it on ebay and I diddnt get the system disks. Maby someone could send me there copy

OP
J

joetherower

is the disc image on a external disc. if it is then you have to drag it to the desktop and open it there.

Try getting another copy of the file as it could be damaged

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
joetherower said:
is the disc image on a external disc. if it is then you have to drag it to the desktop and open it there.

I never have a problem mounting .dmg or .img files from a cd or dvd.

Performa460,
Have you installed all of the updates for the OS you are running?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Found this at the Apple site. Not exactly what you have, but may help.

"Disk Copy Helper has unexpectedly terminated" message

If you see that, you're not quite done yet. You could see this when trying to open the downloaded disk image file (.dmg), for example. To fix this:

Open the Utilities folder, which is in the Applications folder.
Adjust the Utilities folder window so that you can see Disk Copy.
Drag the image file (.dmg) on top of Disk Copy. The mounted image should then appear alongside other available disks, like your hard disk, and you should be able to use package file (.pkg) on it to update your software.

Tip: If the installation package file (.pkg) won't open either, drag it directly onto the Installer, which is also in the Utilities folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have it, Toast will mount .dmg files.

OP
J

joetherower

i used to get the problem when mounting from a usb flash disk. it works ok now though

OP
P

Performa460

Ill be getting Tiger when it comes out but right now i dont have the time to download these ----- big updates.

OP
P

Performa460

Bo Ya

Got it working again. apparently the old iMac gets a bit screwey while CD-RWs are in the drive. (Which i had been using to take the downloads from my mates PC). Thanks for all the help though :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.