I60 gig: Dial keeps stalling!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo; 4 gigs RAM
I have this 160 gig I-Pod classic since January. Fro the beginning I have had this issue of the dial greezing after I flip the 'Hold' switch to the unlock position. Everything else seems to work expect the rotating dial. Thus I can't alter the volume or browse through my library all the while being able to skip to the beginning/ end of the current tune, play/ pause the current track and go up one level on the menu.

I figured out the solution recently. This was to put the I-Pod on 'Hold' again and then release the hold lock. Although I have cracked the code I cannot accept that this is how it was meant to be.

Anyone else faced this issue?

Best regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you considered a restore for that iPod fist

Is it still under warranty

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No I haven't yet considered restoring the unit.
Yes its under warranty. You suggest I take it to an Apple store?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Restored the I-Pod. Problem still persists. On top of that from time to time the music just stops playing only to start again a few seconds later during which time I can feel/ hear the HDD rotating furiously.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.