P2P programs question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
I usually have a P2P program do download hard to find files/music from long ago, not by any means music I can purchase elsewhere.

Anyway I used to use kazaa and soulseek alot (Windows) and I have no idea what I could use for the Apple that is like those.

I found emule but it seems like garbage.

Any input would be really appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
This is against macforums rules to discuss such illegal matters. But I might be able to help you solve your problem. get at me on aim at "tgoff lawl"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
um, p2p software is not illegal if you are not using it to download copyright material.

i would suggest frostwire:
www.frostwire.com

it's the same as Limewire Pro, only free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
no, it's not illegal- he said
imnothardcore said:
not by any means music I can purchase elsewhere

Firstly, you shouldn't have been using Kazaa in the first place because it IS garbage. The program ITSELF has spyware, adware, etc in it. I know this firsthand: A few years ago (before I was tech savvy or anything), a friend recommended it to me (he wasn't tech savvy either), and I blindly installed in on Windows. After a few months, my comp had become so slow, it would take like 30 secs to do something simple like opening a folder. Eventually, the computer just...died. It wasn't until a few years later that I realized WHY.

But I don't use P2P software anymore, so I can't recommend any apps to you- sorry!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.4ghz/4gigram/sd/leopard
Try Transmission or Azureus

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
no, it's not illegal- he said

Firstly, you shouldn't have been using Kazaa in the first place because it IS garbage. The program ITSELF has spyware, adware, etc in it. I know this firsthand: A few years ago (before I was tech savvy or anything), a friend recommended it to me (he wasn't tech savvy either), and I blindly installed in on Windows. After a few months, my comp had become so slow, it would take like 30 secs to do something simple like opening a folder. Eventually, the computer just...died. It wasn't until a few years later that I realized WHY.

But I don't use P2P software anymore, so I can't recommend any apps to you- sorry!

i know i wasnt throwing it out there for the type of program i wanted more so, i really used soul seek and that was about it and soulseek isnt too popular.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
Try Transmission or Azureus

transmission and azureus are both torrent clients, and you cannot search on them directly, you must you other websites which due to the nature of them i cannot suggest to you.
if you IM me on aim ' whyki99 ' , i may be able to help you out.

EDIT:
i'm not familiar with azureus' new "vuze" so my comment does not apply to "vuze"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I second Frostwire, i use it and love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Frostwire is definately the best at P2P on a mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.