Running Windows

Reaction score
I have a Macbook thats about 3 years old. When I bought it the people at the store said I could run windows on it...but in the past three years I never really had a reason to. But now I do (a certain program I need to run for a class is windows only), would someone mind telling me what I'm supposed to do here? Do I need to install something?

Thanks

(Sorry if this seems like a really stupid question, but I'm more or less completely ignorant about computers)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Boot Camp is a utility that will help you in the process of installing Windows on your Mac. You can find the Boot Camp Assistant in your Applications => Utilities folder. Be sure to print out the instructions when prompted.

Additional information available here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You need to buy OS 10.5 Leopard to install Windows. The free version that was on the web for Tiger users expired last year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You need to buy OS 10.5 Leopard to install Windows. The free version that was on the web for Tiger users expired last year.

Can the OP still use Fusion or Parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Yes you can install Parallels/Windows on Tiger. The move from Tiger to Leopard is seemless in the future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.