Has any one else got this with there trackpad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHZ 2GB RAM 512 VRAM MACBOOKPRO
Hi - I will get straight to it, the trackpad <Not the button> on my macbook pro is slightly raised on the right hand side. I still get full functionality, but my concern is that the macbook itself is a re-furbished mac.
I showed a friend the slightly raised trackpad and he suggested to me that this could be a consequence from the cpu being changed (an issue associated with re-furbished macbooks - making it difficult for the tackpad to be put back into its original position. I bought the macbook bran new and sealed from an ebay powers seller a few months ago whom I had major delay problems with, if my friend is correct that would mean I have been had - its just constantly starring me in the face. I guess i created this thread for peace of mind. Its not a major deal if this turns out to be just a rumor and I was simply unlucky to receive a macbook with a cautious looking trackpad, except it would look better if the trackpad were sitting in its slot properly. Hope one of you guys can shine some light on this little rumor. Thank Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
my white mb trackpad is slightly sunken in on the left and perfectly flush on the right, it wasn't refurbished, straight from bestbuys shelves,

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHZ 2GB RAM 512 VRAM MACBOOKPRO
Thanks for the response - dont surpose there would be a way do have the trackpad leveled out? either by a professional or myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.