Bent maybe broken!

Reaction score
it seems a shame after almost a year of happy mac ownership that my first post on this forum is to ask the help of you guys as it seems my macbook is broken. i put a CD in my disk drive today to hear a big bang and clatter as it spun around! however when i place one hand near the power button and another hand at the bottom left corner and apply pressure the noise stops and the disk can then be read. so it seems my laptop is bent!

so how can i fix this? should i unscrew the outer case and have a look inside or what? what do i do to fix it?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
It's highly unlikely your Macbook is "bent", more likely the CD drive mounts are loose. I don't pretend to know about Macbooks, but when I want to find out how to look inside something, I use Google and the search words Take Apart XXXX (computer), or go to YouTube and use the same search criteria. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.