Acquisition and Spyware?

Reaction score
I'm a recent switcher from Windows, so sorry if this is a redundant question. I just dled Acquisition and was wondering if I would get any spyware from downloading files off there. I'm so used to getting so much spyware back in the day using Limewire on my PC lol.

Reaction score
From the app itself, no. From whatever you download, hey you take your chances.
Unless something's happened in the last few days, there is no spyware for OS X unless you install something intentionally.

OP
M
Reaction score
So there have been no known cases of spyware on OS X?? Coming from Windows, I find that hard to believe lol, but I'll take your word for it.

Reaction score
Do a search here for spyware or virus. Only known virus is a email virus which WONT run on mac but can be passed on to other windows users.
There are proof of concept virii which run on macs but cannot be installed without explicit user action.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM
I've been using Acquisition for almost a year and never had a problem. If you downloaded the trial version and didn't buy the "pro" version, you should use Transmission. Its just as fast and doesn't cap your downloads after an hour. :Evil:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.