Editors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
What is your preferred html/wysiwyg editor? And why? I use BBEdit - I can't stand wysiwyg, and it has great features designed specifically for html editing, e.g. syntax check, browser-safe colour table, acsii codes etc...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't use any html/wysiwyg editors at this time. I will be looking into it shortly. A few of us are starting to create a web site for our church.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
On Windows I use either Textpad or UltraEdit. Both are strictly text editors with syntax highlighting. I am on the prowl ( sorry ) for a text editor for OSX. Any suggestions?

I have tried DreamWeaver.... It looks great for someone that is "visually" minded. But I am more logical. With tables and specific image sizes, etc, etc...

I absolutely stay away from Frontpage like the plague. I did a site in ( or redid, rather ) Frontpage, and it was a nightmare. The only good thing about it, was that if you changed a filename, it would change it throughout the whole site. You can see that site HERE. (outdated link removed)

One of the sites I've hand coded ( my preference by far ) is : (outdated link removed) Which is my hosting business ( sort of ). I like making tables. Something about the organization I think.

Anyway, that is me $.02

OP
muso
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
BBEdit is available for OSX - its a great program in my eyes - there is a lite version or a full version 30 day trial available from Bare Bones Software. I am a logic person as well - since the day I opened up my hours of work of hand coding in dreamweaver and couldn't get it to look like anything I wanted it to!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Thanx for the link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
You can also use Fireworks for graphical html or even Apple Works to write html. I used Fireworks for my html site: Fluid Wakeskating Apparel. (outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BBEDIT seems pretty cool. Supports highlighting, line numbers, and a bunch of cool stuff. I will try to get more into it....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i used Dreamworks for the last year since it incorporates flash and many other effects right in the program. i helped my friend with this site just in Textedit (outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats a nice site MacAddikt....

OT: Would like to hear something from them... Got any MP3's?

G

gatorparrots

Dreamweaver is my preferred visual HTML editor. I use GoLive because we bought the Adobe Design collection so it was "free". BBEdit Lite is my preferred GUI text editor. pico is my preferred CLI text editor. I use TextEdit if I am creating software documentation (since it can contain rich formatting and pictures in the .rtfd format).

OP
muso
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I like your site too, MacAddikt.

BBEdit all the way :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.