• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sms Texts On Mac

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a question wondering if something is possible. I have a Macbook running leopard and an LG EnV2 with Verizon as my carrier and I am curious to know if it is possible to somehow not only receive my text messages on my phone but on my mac as well. For instance when i get a text on my phone it will show up in Mail or with some other application on my mac? Also if anyone knows of any way to send text from my computer as well that info would be great!

Thanks For the Help

Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I don't think so, however, if you have an AIM account and have the mobile numbers in Address Book, you can SMS from iChat!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
If your phone has bluetooth, you may want to see if BluePhoneElite 2 supports it...
It basically lets you receive calls and texts on your computer as well as sending them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can send a text via e-mail (any e-mail) to a persons phone very simple. In your case the e-mail address would be :

[email protected]

and you would see it as a text on your phone. If you reply, the sender would get it back as an e-mail from that address as well. Different carriers have different @XXX.com suffixes and there is a thread in the iPhone forum with a post from me that lists most of them.

As for receiving them on both the phone and the Mac simultaneously, the sender would have to send them to both addresses, your phone and your e-mail address.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
This is something I've been thinking about for a while now. It seems to me that it would be a great idea to have some kind of SMS forwarding to my Mac when my iPhone is docked and I'm working. It would let me quickly type a response without having to undock my phone, type it out on the keyboard, and re-dock. (Not that I'm lazy, I don't mind answering texts, but it just seems like it would be really convenient to have them pop up on my Mac when I have my phone docked at my desk).

It's a good concept idea, but I don't think we're gonna see full SMS integration anytime soon =T.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.