• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Burning DVD on dvd studio pro 4

Reaction score
Hey mac users , I am stuck in a rut at the moment trying to burn my master copy of my film . Its coming up FORMATING WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL,NOT ENOUGH SPACE ON OUTPUT MEDIA does anyone know what the output media is thanks...... SULVIZ08 ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Output media should be your DVD, you are trying to create.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
When you have DVD studio pro open and your project is open, look at the top right hand corner and there should be a file size bar which shows you the size of your project. If you are burning to a single layer DVD which is 4.7Gb in size, then it may be your project is over that size and therefor there isn't enough room to burn your project onto your disc.

There are two ways to get round this...

1) If your Mac had a dual layer burner, buy some blank dual layer DVD's and burn your project to that.

2) Go into the settings and have DVD studio pro re-render the mpeg2 files at a lower bit rate so they will all go onto one disk.

Chances are you have just put too many video files at a high data rate into your project.

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac Pro 2 X 2.66 Dual-Core
melmation, you may be right but I think I have run into the same message when the disk drive that saves the ts folder to gets low on space. I'm not in front of my computer but once you tell it to build and format, the box that comes up after that, you can specify a folder to build the ts folder to first. You may need to tell it to create the ts folder on another drive, or you can skip that step altogether, though the burn is a little less reliable. Be sure you check the burn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac Pro 2 X 2.66 Dual-Core
did you get it figured out?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.