• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie won't access iPhoto on sidebar

Reaction score
I've been using iMovie 6.0.3 for about 3 weeks now. When I first started to use it, clicking on the media then photos buttons allowed me to access my pictures from iPhoto. However, few days ago for some weird reason I get a message that says, "Open iPhoto2 or later or Aperture 1.5 or later to see photos from your iPhoto or Aperture library in this list."

I'm using iPhoto 6.0.6, I don't get why iMovie won't let me see the pictures from iPhoto!!! When I drag and drop the pictures from iPhoto onto iMovie it's fine, still allows me to play with Ken effects, etc. But I can't load it straight from using iMovie. Hope this paints a clear picture. If it doesn't here's a link of the screen to show you what I mean......
Picture3.png

Any help is great, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac Pro 2 X 2.66 Dual-Core
let's start by finding out why it stopes working in the firtlst place. Did you do any updates recently, especially to iMovie? Has anything changed from the last time you were able to access iPhoto?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.