• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Metallica

Reaction score
So I've been out of the media circle for a while so today I turned on the radio to see if any of the Metallica songs from the new album would be aired and to my luck they played three.

1st song the radio station played was "The Day That Never Ends". Wow, just wow, ballad entry and then it gets heavy. The chorus could have been better but overall the song is just amazing. Powerful lyrics accompanied with great vocals.

2nd song was "Remember Tomorrow" which is actually a song by Iron Maiden which they covered for a Iron Maiden tribute album. I got to say, Lars did a great job on drums and the guitar solos were great and the vocals were good as well.

3rd song was a live version of "Cyanide". Truly awesome as well, I love what they have Rob doing with bass. Its just sick.

Any opinions, other Metallica fans here? I'm definitely picking up the album when it comes out in September 12.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Thanks for the info. I don't listen to the radio at all so I often don't know when bands release albums. I've been listening to Metallica forever. First concert, Day on the Green Metallica & Gun n Roses. Dang that was a long time ago...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
used to be a huge fan, back in the 80s anyway. like a lot of other fans from that era, i just completely lost interest with the black album and pretty much everyting after. it's kind of like they turned into their own cover band.

Reaction score
*jaw on floor*
can you post links?
now ive gotta check out youtube
any more info is greatly appreciated
thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
James is not sounding so good these days IMO.

OP
Mufasa
Reaction score
Can we provide links? Because if we can I'm totally going to make a Video with iMovie, put it on YouTube, and share it with you guys.

Reaction score
XM has a nonstop Metallica station on now. Old and new songs, plus interviews with the members about shows and other stuff. Great listening to. So far my fav songs are No Leaf Clover and Fuel where they perform with the San Fran Symphony. And I really enjoy St. Anger.

Reaction score
ya i heard a few songs and i got to say that metallica might have a decent album... i need a couple more listens and then scheck out the whole album when it comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
XM Channel 51 = Metallica for 30 Days.

I hate their new stuff, but i am an old school fan. their live stuff is terrible as well.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I loved the Black Album. Very well done. After that they went downhill for me.

OP
Mufasa
Reaction score
Their album is out in stores tomorrow! I'm definitely gonna go pick it up. Anyone else? So far I've heard the day that never comes and cyanide and I love both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.