Blu-Ray rumored for future MBP?

Reaction score
Hey, this is my first post btw; I got my first Macbook just a few weeks ago! Anyways, I was browsing www.boygeniusreport.com, and came across a post exploiting some future Apple devices and such. Along with a rumored new Ipod Nano, a new Ipod Touch, and possible development of OS X 10.5.6, it's rumored that the next generations of MBP's will have Blu-Ray support. I'm really skeptical about the validity of some of these rumors, but they could be true; it seems as though they've been mentioned and talked about for a while now. So what do you guys think about Blu-Ray; is it a feature that you think is essential?? And what other hardware upgrades do you want to see in future Macbooks?

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/08/23/new-apple-rumors-from-rose-new-ipods-new-itunes-new-os-x/#comments

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
You will eventually see Blu-ray support as the de facto optical standard. Have you looked at the storage difference between BD and DVD? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.