Iphone 3g text message sounds no longer work after update?

Reaction score
Iphone no longer rings for text?

I have the 16 gig 3G and after updating to 2.0.2 my text message sounds would work for 10 text then completely shut off. I would then have to turn the phone on and off and it would work for another 10 text. Tried resetting the phone still same effect. Thought it might be a bug in my back up so completely reinstalled my macbook to make complete sure nothing was there to be put on the phone. Still same effect. Tried setting up as a new phone also still same effect.

I also ruled out it being a hardware issue by replacing the phone 4 times already as the guy at the Apple store suggested. So ive come to the conclusion that 2.0.2 caused this and is a software issue. I can deal with the lag of sms but seriously no text sounds? I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
R
Reaction score
I have the 16 gig 3G and after updating to 2.0.2 my text message sounds would work for 10 text then completely shut off. I would then have to turn the phone on and off and it would work for another 10 text. Tried resetting the phone still same effect. Thought it might be a bug in my back up so completely reinstalled my macbook to make complete sure nothing was there to be put on the phone. Still same effect. Tried setting up as a new phone also still same effect.

I also ruled out it being a hardware issue by replacing the phone 4 times already as the guy at the Apple store suggested. So ive come to the conclusion that 2.0.2 caused this and is a software issue. I can deal with the lag of sms but seriously no text sounds? I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Why did you double post this in two forums?

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and i saw i accidentally posted it in what i thought was the wrong forum. Sorry about that.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Merged cross-posted threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
First I've heard of this issue...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.