RUSSIAN font has NO PERIOD!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2GHz, Intel Core Duo; Mac OSX 10.5.4
When you choose RUSSIAN as a language preference with the iMac, you will see from the KEYBOARD VIEWER that the period (full stop) simply does not exist. Anyone who has ever heard a Russian speak knows that even they stop between sentences! I can't figure out why the designers ever missed putting in one of the most used and most useful characters in the entire language. Whom would one contact to have this rectified?

Or is there some work-around (except for switching back to English at the end of every sentence)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Odd

But you can use shift-7 or shift period (on the numeric keys) to get a period

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2GHz, Intel Core Duo; Mac OSX 10.5.4
After several minutes of experimentation regarding the finding of a period on the Russian keyboard, I discovered the use of the decimal key on the number pad. Then when I opened your kind reply to my query, I found that same suggestion. Thank you. The SHIFT-7 also works, and I doubt that I would ever have discovered that on my own, especially since the "Show Keyboard Viewer" changes all the alphabetic keys from lower case to upper case, but it does NOT change the number keys in any way. So I find that 2nd solution to be the least bothersome, and again I thank you for helping my solve a problem that should never have occurred if the creators of the font and accompanying software had been more observant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
glad to be of help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.