• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

You gotta love it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3G | 13 Inch 2.4 GHZ new MacBook
Don't you just LOVE walking into apple stores ?
Gah i just love it so much :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I used to,But after a couple of bad experiences with my local Apple stores not anymore...But Have read many good reviews of other apple stores all over the world.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol what went wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
The closest Apple store to me is about a 3 hour drive.
I only go there when I go to Visit my Grandma, so its like a treat to me.
I spent 3 hours in there. I got kicked out one time because I got on one of the little kids macs that have the games on them and stopped the game and the menu hider and was on the internet on that, The guy flipped on me and asked how i did it, I woudnt tell him!

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The closest Apple store to me is about a 3 hour drive.
I only go there when I go to Visit my Grandma, so its like a treat to me.
I spent 3 hours in there. I got kicked out one time because I got on one of the little kids macs that have the games on them and stopped the game and the menu hider and was on the internet on that, The guy flipped on me and asked how i did it, I woudnt tell him!

Haha wicked , for me its like a 15 minute drive so im lucky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
lol what went wrong?

twice I had warranty service on my Macbook. So I drove all the way to the Apple store which is about 25 miles or so from my home. Both times they would not fix my macbook.I had to ship it to Apple. The 2nd time I went they would not fix it,I left the store on my out of the mall,I stopped to chat with the mac genius after a few minutes he told me the techs in the back did not want to do such a difficult warranty service.Thats the short story.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
twice I had warranty service on my Macbook. So I drove all the way to the Apple store which is about 25 miles or so from my home. Both times they would not fix my macbook.I had to ship it to Apple. The 2nd time I went they would not fix it,I left the store on my out of the mall,I stopped to chat with the mac genius after a few minutes he told me the techs in the back did not want to do such a difficult warranty service.Thats the short story.

Dang that sucks , do you have that apple care protection plan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
I have to admit (shame) that I take a two hour train to go to the Apple Store on occassion - but it's just sooo pretty.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
closest apple store to me is about ten minutes away :)

problem is, I don't need to buy anything, I have all I need... for now. someday I may get a laptop.... after I get some debt paid off. Not until then though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You should have seen the guys face when I told him I'd taken out my superdrive and replaced my top case, RAM and HDD, lol. Last time I go to the Genius bar. With the issue I was having, which was clearly a hardware issue, he kept insisting all I could do was archive and install... with no optical drive.

Reaction score
There isn't an Apple store close to me (the nearest is a few hours away), however there is an Apple Authorised Reseller within about 15 minutes - but last time I was there I got kicked out.

They have these REALLY silly stands that they put games on (they can fold away when not in use) and I picked up a game, looked at it, put it back, and as I did the stand kind of... folded in on itself, and in a domino effect, knocked over everything on the display. The guy at the counter just looked at me and said "Get out."

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
got a few within a 10-20 min drive.

for me it's like going to a new car dealer.
wow, nice, a whole bunch of fun new stuff i can't afford.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I've been to the Apple store here in Vancouver BC, I'm not all that impressed with it to be honest. There are some other Apple only retailers in the area that provide much better service and product offerings. just my $0.02.....

Things like rather quick repair work. Being able to not wait in line for even a chance to speak to a sales rep. Little things like that make a diference. The Apple model needs work and they could learn a thing or two from smaller specialty stores.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Haha agreed but window shopping can be fun :D on occasion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
I like walking in...when I know I'm going to make a purchase. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
My closest Apple Store is about 2000 KM away in Sydney. And I've never been there. But one ot the resellers here have a mac section done up kind of like an apple store even with one of their guys pretending to be like a mac genius. But I will admit he does know a lot about apple though.

Next time I'm down in Sydney I'll enter the apple store and get something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

The one in Rosedale Mall is never a fun experience for me if I actually want to buy something. It always seems so overcrowded and I stand around for 15-20 min just waiting for an employee to acknowledge me. The store is undersized. By contrast the Mall of America store (which is much less convenient for me) seems appropriately sized for its employee staff and customer demand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone
I live across from one (Stanford) and work a few blocks from the one off University (Palo Alto) so it isn't that big of a deal for me.

I love visiting new stores though such as the New York store a few months ago. I don't know what was the biggest trip: Open 24/7 or the huge line for the 3G iPhone.

CIMG0156.JPG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.