• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

adding iphone 3g to family plan?

Reaction score
I've read that it will just cost an extra $20 dollars and renewing the 2 year contract. Do I have that correct?

Reaction score
I believe the 3G plan would ad $30 a month to whatever plan you already have now. Everything else should work and stay the same. Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
Pretty much the fact that the iPhone is almost always communicating somehow with AT&Ts network. Its not so much that your paying for the internet, as much as it is what makes an iPhone and iPhone. If you take away the data plan, you take away 85% of what the iPhone is capable of. So basically, almost every single one of the iPhone apps require some sort of internet connection to work.

Also, I forgot that it does renew you contract like you asked.

OP
G
Reaction score
oh, ok...so I would probably add the 1500 texts. would an extra $45 a month so be worth it? Is it worth it to you guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Do you guys think it's worth it?

Yes.

It may also benefit going into an ATT store or calling ATT directly for any last minute questions.

Also it may take more than four minutes for someone to reply to you here. It isn't a chatroom. :)

OP
G
Reaction score
I realize that, I just wanted to make sure that this doesn't get bumped down by other threads. Yea, I will hopefully get to the at&t store next weekend if I have some time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.