Mac Software

Reaction score
I just bought my first mac, Yea.... I really like it and want to load it up. What are some "cant live without" programs? I have Photoshop CS3, iPhoto, Apature 2.0 and Final cut 2.0.. I would like to run windows on the side, but I only have a backup of XP (real version the I bought, not boot leg) but I heard that you cant load a copy version. I save all my programs to ISO and I cant frind the orig. But, it is a legit copy I own. Im not real happy with the photo software and looking for something better. I also love messing with anything new. Any ideas would be great!!! Thanks for everyones help..

OP
G
Reaction score
Does everyone run windows on there mac? I like windows, but tired of all the BS. If I load windows will it clutter up my mac? Or will it stay within its own partition and run only when I want it to?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not everyone runs Windows on their Mac. I don't, but I also own several Windows machines in addition to my MacBook.

As far as running Windows on your new Mac, Windows is Windows. Running it on a Mac requires the same precautions as when running it on a Win machine. Spyware, AV, Worms, adware, etc, etc. ;P

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Lets say I get a virus.... Will it stay within its owe partition? Will windows only run if I open the program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Lets say I get a virus.... Will it stay within its owe partition? Will windows only run if I open the program?

It stays within the Windows partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
For Adobe products, they will let you do a cross grade to get mac versions

Adobe will allow you to perform a cross-grade, or cross-platform upgrade, of your Adobe product, assuming it meets the upgrade qualifications and provided you send them a signed Letter of Software Destruction. The Letter of Destruction states that you agree to delete all copies of the product you are exchanging and also that you will not "sell, transfer, give away, donate, or otherwise distribute the exchanged Adobe product or copies to anyone else."

You will still need to pay the upgrade cost, and you will need to conduct the purchase via telephone by calling Adobe Sales at 1-800-833-6687 (see Adobe.com for international numbers). The Letter of Software Destruction may be faxed, e-mailed, or snail-mailed to Adobe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.