help!! ibook g4 power issues

Reaction score
My ibook g4 14" (purchased August 05) only works when plugged in. If I unplug it, it immediately shuts down and will only power up when plugged in again. Here's what I've done:
1. after much research and pmu resetting, I purchased new battery.
Problem didn't go away.
2. I have reset the pmu, pram, and restarted in Open Firmware Mode (typing reset-all)

Here is what my power info says:

Battery Information:

Battery Installed: Yes
First low level warning: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 4920
Remaining Capacity (mAh): 4920
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 16716
Cycle Count: 1

AC Charger Information:

AC Charger (Watts): 50
Connected: Yes
Charging: No

I'm dying here. What help can you offer me?? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini g4 1.5ghz, powerbook g4 1.5ghz aluminum, iphone 8gig, ipod 30 and 4 gig
Similar Prob.

I had a similar prob. only my battery had in X where battery life would be..it made no since cus the battery was fully charge and in the book and a power source was plugged in.

How I fixed the problem was with Tech Tool Pro. its like a hundred dollar program...deff worth it, but if you give me your email I might be able to send you the disk image and you could use it from there!!!!

zoobum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini g4 1.5ghz, powerbook g4 1.5ghz aluminum, iphone 8gig, ipod 30 and 4 gig
The tech tool that comes with apple care is like a amateur program...it might work but the pro package would be to get Techtool pro

Reaction score
ibook battery issue

While downloading update files using fully-charged battery power, heard clear "click" and screen went blank. Could not restart until plugging into mains. Date time has reverted to 1969. Unplugging mains causes immediate shutdown. Suggestions as to cause or recommended recovery procedure welcomed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.