iphoto video problems

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently switched to macs and love it but for one problem. I imported photos and video from my digital camera and although they imported with no problems I am having problems viewing the video outside of iphoto. For example I can't seem to upload video to youtube and if I try to copy the file to another location they simply wont play from the new location. This is very frustrating but as I'm new to the mac experience there's probably an easy explanation. I've tried looking around the threads but can't find anything. Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks very much
Brookser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I wasn't aware you could import video to iPhoto. What you need to do is import the movie into iMovie. From there you can click Share>youtube. Also, you can drag photos to iMovie and make a slide show, add music and share that as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.