My Ibook has died

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
saving for a macbook pro
I had closed the lid on my Ibook, 12" 1.07 cpu, 512 ram, tiger. about 20 mins ago. When I went back to it, it was completely dead. I tried the two key combination but nothing. The lights on the bottom of the battery show fully charged. I even tried with the mains adapter plugged in. The apple logo on the top cover does not light up and the same for the light at the front of the unit...any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Unplug the power adapter and the battery, leave it for a few minutes. Plug both back in and see if it powers up.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
saving for a macbook pro
nope, still completely dead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
Hmm. Might be as simple as a dead power supply or a more costly motherboard. At this point you will probably have to take it to your local mac authorized repair center and see if they can shed some light on the issue.

Reaction score
If it powers up with the battery but not the power supply it's either the power supply or dc in card. Was for me anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.